White City Township Community Council
September 2nd, 2009 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S. 1300 E. Room #105.
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, there was a quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and then Pledge of Allegiance was led by Greg
- Kay Dickerson presented the August 5th, 2009 minutes for approval. Paulina
Flint made a motion to approve the August 5th Minutes with a notation in the
September minutes that the information was modified by the County later on the
voucher program to note that it would be good for one dumpster not two, it was
seconded and approved.
- Jeremy Christensen gave the Treasurer’s report for August. Paul Smith made
a motion to approve the report. Motion was seconded and approved.
- Bev Uipi of the Salt Lake County Mayor’s Office-County gave the annual
budget at the last meeting in a Power Point presentation that was sent to
Chairs last week. Council budget will be done by population and will see a 7
½% decrease as the entire County. Power Point presentation was based on
certified tax rates. There will be more money in the slush fund. Southeast
Township Day Celebration Budget needs to be looked at for the funding. We need
to give the accounting for the Southeast Township Days and then let’s see how
the future funds are allocated. 2010 Budgets needs to have guidelines based on
population and possibly other factors. Dumpsters will be out September 15th
thru 17th. There have been some code enforcements problems in the area about
10 homes. On Serpentine Way and one on the Turquoise Way house vacancy. Not
many calls in White City.
- Sheriff’s Report-Brody Waldrum-Sent around Stats report. This summer crime
lower than other areas. Car show was great as well as the celebration. One
concern with Bear Park is the marking for the No Parking Lanes (Red Marking)
for Emergency vehicles. This years Citizens Academy has started this week and
will last about 8 weeks. We need to mark the Emergency Lanes (No Parking) for
- Greg Schultz gave a report on Community Nights at various Sporting Events
and how to make this available to the communities. Need about 125 tickets at
$8 for $16 tickets.
- Paulina Flint mentioned that there would be a post event meeting Friday
afternoon at 5pm. Logistics items for next year and the Park has been
scheduled for 28 August 2010. We already have some events booked so we need to
be looking ahead to next year. We should have available a lot of pictures of
the car show later. Event went very well and we had a number of favorable
comments. We need to start fund raising for next year.
- New Business-Jeremy Christensen a neighbor next to the park on the North
end had No Parking signs removed and would like them replaced with signs that
indicate cars may be towed. Jeremy made a motion to request a letter be sent
to the County requesting the Emerald street cul-de-sac be made a no Parking
area. Motion was seconded and passed. Jeremy will draft the letter. Don
Patocka asked about repairing the White City Monuments. There have been two
White City carved stones located. Don and Troy will talk to a mason about
repairing the remaining monuments that do not have carved stones in them
- Meeting was adjourned at 8:55 pm.